Digital marketing is constantly evolving. We continue to see trends favoring video.
Here are some quick and easy statistics to convince you (and ultimately your boss) to invest in video production, YouTube advertisements or simply just qualify your Snapchat habit:
– 82% of Twitter users watch video content on the platform.
– YouTube has over a billion users… almost one-third of total Internet users.
– 45% of people watch more than an hour of Facebook or YouTube videos a week.
– 87% of online marketers use video content.
– One-third of online activity is spent watching video.
– 85% of the US internet audience watches videos online.
– Over 500 million people are watching video on Facebook every day.
What should you as a marketer take away from this? Showing off your brand and what it has to offer in video format is quickly becoming the norm. People have become more visually engaged and demand information/results much more quickly, which is why video is taking over marketing and advertising. People would rather click on a quick video that showcases highlights of a service/product, than read an article with a few pictures.
One way to start is going live on social media streams. This is a free and easy way of utilizing video because it doesn’t demand too many technical skills. From bloggers to business professionals, almost anyone can benefit.
Remember to keep your videos short and sweet. Consider how long it needs to be and if it is part of your call to action (CTA) page, then it should not be too long. But, if you’re introducing a new product/service, the video shouldn’t be more than 5 minutes total.
Videos can be the ultimate marketing weapon if utilized correctly. Keep in mind, a video of poor quality has the potential to do more harm than good! If you don’t possess the skills to edit and shoot something, you probably should hire someone that can. Don’t let your lack of experience discourage you or prevent you from trying, though. You don’t need a huge budget to make something effective!